Monday, July 23, 2007

The State Library

Have always been a great fan of libraries, from the big and small from the high-tech to the grand. Spending so many years at RP meant that my library experience was one of technology, clearly cut lines, fast moves and space 2010. The State Library of Victoria on the other hand is a work of grandeur, massive use/waste of space, and deep silent learning. The Director of my faculty brought us around for this one, and I felt infinitely like a tourist. Located right smack in the city on Melbourne City's main street, Swanston, it brought back feelings of 'home' - RMIT, where I did my undergrad studies stood right opposite.




There were two pre-dominant groups being brought on group tours around the library - a bunch of young high-school students and use, a group of 15 postgraduate students. It was funny whenever we crossed paths. =)

---


In other news, I woke up to the Smurfs, housemates had cunningly procured a DVD from somewhere and we were all subjected to a good whole episode of it whilst having breakfast. It was cool recalling grumpy smurf, who hated everything.

No comments:

Search This Blog