Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A day in the life

Wander-o-meter
---
Wandering levels - *** (looking a lot better)
Domestication levels - *
---

A day in the life.

"Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head" The Beatles, 1967.

Whilst my wandering is nowhere as exciting and super-surreal as that song, here's a little recollection of how my day went.


Dragging myself to school/class in the city. A 45-minute train-ride away. Depending if I board the all-stops train or the express train. The Sun was out today, so it was pretty pleasant.


Class lasted all of two hours, and nothing noteworthy happened there. Class was packed to the brim, I reckon there were probably 25 of us in a room meant for 15. Did not quite feel conducive for learning at all. Class came and went, and I wandered into the city. Chanced upon this - Mingary, it got my attention, as it rang of my Chinese name, Ming. Turned out to be a all-access sanctuary in the middle of town, anyone could go in anytime, to just close-out and medititate. Nice.


I then took some time to hide away in the State Library and give in to my Singaporeanity. I started on a assignment due in Week 4, and Week 2 had just started. It took a while to rev up the engines but I managed to get 500 out of the 2000 words done. All this while imagining Bach's Air as I soaked in the grandeur of the place. I apologise my photos don't do a fair job of immortalising the place - it's not the best camera-phone I'm using.


The day couldn't have ended better. Made a random call to Wes, the brother and bassist and amazingly it got through. He had returned from Singapore. Now with the partner in crime in place, Melbourne suddenly looks a whole lot more promising. Woohoo! The only problem is gee whiz, we're living miles apart. It took him 45min to send me home by car!

No comments:

Search This Blog