Monday, July 16, 2007

Japanese dinner

Thing about Melbourne is, most Japanese diners are inconceivably run by Chinese. So I was skeptical when I walked past this joint (in Clayton town) on a number of occassions. "Jyu Jyu" it's called, and the signboard says they're famed for their sushi rolls. With my new found buddy from Sichuan, Ryan in tow, we bravely ventured in. But that's only because the nearby Malaysia Garden restuarant was closed (they close Mondays). And lo and behold - Authentic Japanese matronly chef and wait staff. And, with a kitchen that took up more than half of the floorspace, they had to be serious about the food.






I evidentally enjoyed my dinner very much - they took 20minutes to prepare my bento set consisting gyoza and teriyaki chicken which was massively tender. And it cost all of $7 flat. Not too shabby. Will definitely return. After all, it's "my favourite Japanese restaurant" as their banner suggests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live well friend Bob... Live well.

Search This Blog