Monday, July 16, 2007

The amazing cost of living here

My grand plans of enrolling in a university with a seriously sprawling campus have been reduced to this...



Promise of a grand faculty has been swapped for a conference room in the city's Collins Street, why do I feel so cheated? =) Politics, they say, is the reason behind having classes in the city and not on campus. And the city, is yes, $9.90 away from home, and probably an hour's worth of travel.

---

Also on the radar...

It's been a while since I've been here, and I'm quite quickly reminded to the rising costs of living on this behemoth of an island.

Just today I spent
$9.90 - Daily train/tram ticket to get to school
$13.50 - Cheap As phone I picked up from a Chinese discount store
$3.95 - For a telephone extension cable
$2.00 - For a telephone multi-adaptor
$5.45 - Cheap As McDonald's happy meal for lunch
$9.45 - for 5 stamps for regular postage back to Singapore

The train ticket just killed me. That's $13SGD to get from Pasir Ris to Jurong.

---

Lastly, this country is crazy over Shrek.

1 comment:

Impedient said...

LOLLLLL!!!

HAPPY MEAL!!!
SERIOUS KE PE?

Search This Blog