Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Godzilla!!!

Wes and I have a new song, the first proper one we've written together since my return here. Written over the weekend when I really should have been working on my final essay for the semester, the weekend also involved about 200kms of travel, from the south-east where I'm at, to the North where Wes stays and then down to the south-west around Footscray for a house-warming party.

The song's central idea is the notion of getting addicted to wasted time, and how some of us choose to have an unusual relationship with it, and much more, if you read between the lines.

Here's an excerpt of the new track's words. The song's a semi-tribute to the metal bands, and one-up for the Japanese icon Godzilla too.

---

Godzilla by Wesley Choo and Bob Tan

are we afraid that we came too far
admit to that first crime
have we grown addicted
to this wasted time

a mistake missing the first return
have we grown addicted
to the fire that we got burned
when innocence is wasted

are we too far gone?
timing the ultimate sin
admit to that first crime, that first time
All will be revealed.. Godzilla!!!!

I've got the 'demo' on mp3. mail me if you want a copy!

No comments:

Search This Blog