Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Action Jackson

OK. anyone around my age will remember our cheesy-as lingo. Be there or be square, stay cool and funky...(pause for dramatic effect)...always, and one more that I never could quite figure out the origins.

Action Jackson. I think its prevailing permutation in my teenaged days sounded like Action Jacktion - a reference to people who were 'overtly action', loosely - show-off.
So anyway, that was like ten years ago, when it was still cool to call someone an Action Jackson. But little did we know where that came from.

And on a random day at the University's Matheson library, off a random shelf - I found this.



And in it, was this - I swear it was a random page flip.



Amazing. If you want its call number its 994 B413S. Action Jackson! It's a little hard to read but here's the tagline on the advert - "Do and Dare! He's everywhere! On land & sea and in the air!"

---

In other news, an article I wrote about my favourite band the Verve breaking up and reforming got published in final edition (for this sem) of Lot's Wife, the uni paper.

1 comment:

Siyuan said...

don't turn into a pillar of salt

Search This Blog