Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Exploring the Island

What if we found out who we are, and what we wanted, a little bit too late?

Just had to go explore Singapore whilst back, amidst the madness of Singapore's rebuilding. Too many cranes, too much construction, too many hoardings. Leave the island alone!

---

So...it was an absolute pleasure taking a day off to revisit some pages of my home's significant pasts. Here's Haw Par Villa, now a pale shadow of its absolutely shining past. But it's all good really. I prefer it this way. Rustic, peaceful and not bustling with tourists. Last time I was there was probably 20 years ago. 20 years later, I'm back!

p.s. I should endeavour to remember it is a lot harder going for long walks back home here in Singapore. Unlike Melbourne during her kinder seasons, it's really a tad too hot to go on sojourns in the sun. But well, Bob. Don't think so much!


Tiger Balm anyone?




If this doesn't hark one back to the past, I don't know what else will.


International flavours for the Balm


dancin'


welcoming Gates.

No comments:

Search This Blog