Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nasi Lemak in the house

Thought of the day -
Fear is the mind killer.

(Will have to credit Dune the book and movie for that)

And here's the rest of it (extracted from a chapter of the book)

The Bene Gesserit Littainy against Fear.
Pg 19 of Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Am working on a song based on this premise. Will endeavour to find the time to complete it whilst in the midst of two 2,250 word mini assignments. One's on a specification report for building a web site, and the other's a 'highly engaging' report on a local school community.

---

Housemate was sweet, she made an uber tasty nasi lemak meal. Gourmet stuff, good enough for restaurants. So, here're some (lo-fi as usual) pictures.


And here's a pic of a steak lunch I prepared for myself. The steak itself cost only $2, and the vegetables were grilled with olive oil. Grilled vegetables are sweet! The bread was an improvised slice of garlic bread. Just chucked some minced garlic on top a slice of regular toast, and there - my own steak lunch set meal. Setback? About $3 tops.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, that sounds positively tasty! what I used to do was whip up batches of garlic butter by chucking the two main ingredients in a blender for a minute. you can scrape off the sides for use in that meal and store the rest in a jar for future convenience.

make sure you don't have a housemate that will finish off the whole lot in a day though!

ferylbob said...

will try that for sure :) garlic butter! so no need to mince the garlic just throw?

Unknown said...

assuming you started from fresh whole garlic rather than preminced, then yes. it's just adding butter and technology into the process!

it's much better this way as the spread is more even and flavour seeps thru as you let it sit in the refridge. you can also throw in some herbs and seasoning for variety. you know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

dude, you really have to check this guy out....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etHOFmFF3FA

Mouse

Search This Blog